Saturday, August 15, 2009

Career Move

Not much of it, since I'll still be staying in the same company. The organization re-structured, and I have been transferred from Category Development (the equivalent of trade marketing in most companies) to Brand and Trade Activation (which is mainstream marketing).

So I'm a marketer now! My internal title will be as an "activator" but externally, I'll be a brand and trade manager. I have been given a Kimberly-Clark brand to manage (an important albeit a local responsibility) and a regional area assignment.

It's a huge step for the local group, an experiment that hopefully brings along some successes in the next few months or so. And while the career change is exhilarating, I have found difficulties adjusting as well. Maybe next time I could write about it, but for now I just wanted to share this wonderful feeling of moving up in the corporate world. =)