Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Twelve Songs

Arrived at school in the company of El Guerrero with one hour to spare. Cram at his tambayan. Didn’t get anything in my head, wanna sleep...

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone

Evolution trumps into assigned room for “strategic positioning.” Darn, some girl I haven’t seen in class ever beats me to my favorite window seat. Made a mental note to throw her off the landing after the exam.

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Last-minute ditching and smokescreen operations prevent El Guerrero’s re-deployment. Viva la raza!

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum,

We brace ourselves for the exam to end ALL exams, in a last alliance between elves and men, err... Focus! Concentrate, doggarned it…

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

With half an hour to go, we go over our voluminous answer sheets looking for anything that remotely resembled paramount stupidity.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one;

Our lovable professor walks in and I quote, “20 minutes!”

Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,

What was that formula again??? Aagh… whattatimeformetoforgetit… ndeakobabagsakndeakobabagsakndeakobabagsak…

ES12 was my North, my South, my East and West

My seatmate stood up to pass his papers.

My working week and my Sunday rest,

Stole a glance at my cel while recomputing my solutions for the twelvth time. I notice that the eighth digit on my calcu’s LCD is broken. Uh-oh…

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

Panic!

I thought Do-se would last forever: I was wrong.

Fortunately, all values are correct (-whew!-). I submit my papers in six separate boxes:

Fate, Hope, Charity, Luck, Reason and Destiny.

My prof is sporting an absurd smile, but I digress.

Haaay… I get exam results tomorrow.

postcript --- thanks to all who worried with me this past week… *sniff*
I wouldn’t have been able to do it without you. =p

Wooo!!! Bakasyon na, hahaha.

Look out, world. Here we come Ü