Monday, August 17, 2009

Kotex You-niversity

Another busy day... outside the office.

This afternoon, I attended the press launch for Kotex You-niversity at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd complex. One of our junior brand managers was in-charge, and the rest of the team tagged along to show support.

The host turned out to be Andy Manzano, who seemed familiar to me even if it was my first time to see her in person. She was nice and courteous, and was so unlike other showbiz stars that, er, well... bring along their own universes each time they step out of the house.

It was actually surprising to see her alone (she must have driven to the venue on her own) without yaya or any semblance of an entourage. She was low-key and generally amiable, which is my type of artista =)

Anyway, except for the technical glitches, the launch did alright and the entire rigmarole of MOA-signing and speeches and photo-ops went by as quickly as it started. There weren't much guests around; I heard there were media agents from Inquirer and Myx (so much for G's Star Lifestyle fantasy). There were also some invited teachers and student representatives.

In any case, I just sat through most of the event trying to get my girl origami in order. One of the things introduced in this launch was the writing of one truth about a girl's BodyLife IQ in a piece of colored paper and then turning this into an origami rendition of a girl. That piece of art symbolizes the individual's commitment to ensuring that the truth encapsulated within gets passed on to another person.

My team had classes on the origami stuff long before the launch, and because I rarely paid attention to these, it took me most of the afternoon to finish my girl-origami (with some help from the girls, of course).

There was food, by the way. Since it was merienda-hour, caterers served pancit, puto and barbeque topped off with taho (which came in an igloo container, which was a swanky idea: who would've thought puwede pala iyon?). Waiters served softdrinks to my consternation (I have sworn off Coke and related beverages as part of my starve-to-be-healthy diet program).

Since the event ended early, my group gathered for a moment to have an impromptu meeting, er, for me. That is, my team leader spent most of the time listening to my concerns and updates.

After we split up, everyone went straight home... tomorrow would be another day.

Whew!

Labels: , ,