Monday, December 06, 2004

Skinned by Kimberly, Filleted by Clark

Two days from now, it’s either in or out.

A week of grueling, reality-in-your-face training has ended and now I’ll be informed if the whole trip was worth all the trouble. From the very first call to service. The unconventional exams. Hotel interviews. The foreigner consultants. Embarrassing moments. Glorious split seconds. Our training group started on a legal holiday and ended on a Yoyong-induced one. If there ever was a bang at the finish line we would surely have missed it, harassed and pooped as we were.

For one whole week, we fussed over diversified business and training objectives. Expectations were high, so we worked doubly hard to achieve them. We logged distances that would put Mabuhay Miles out of business, no one opting to stop, each wanting to push his or her body to the point of exhaustion so that, when we finally slept at the end of the day, there would be no regrets, no nasty dreams.

But the dreams came anyway.

During boot camp, I’d even wonder if our assigned trainor was actually Sgt. Slaughter-in-disguise. My partner would've disagreed: he looked more like Col. Mustafa. But he was okay.

Reading about sales though was very different from actualizing it. Selling really really is, a very, very stressful career. And I'd usually ask myself why I never took the "stress" part of the job description more seriously. Pero at times I’d force my wandering mind back from such self-defeating thoughts and into reality. It was bleak enough.

Boot camp's over, for now. I wonder what's next?

2

Blogger JAm said...

time to go to war, soldier!

8:46 AM  
Blogger jem said...

and become a casualty.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home