Sunday, September 23, 2007

Halfway down Memory Lane

Ok, picking up from where I last left off… the other half of my top ten nostalgia show list.

Care Bears. Cuddly little buggers. Hey, this taught me how to count backwards! Which is waaay cooler than counting the humdrum way through Sesame Street. Do the Care Bears Countdown, 5-4-3-2-1!

Uncle Bob’s Lucky Seven Club. Always looked forward to this show to catch a glimpse of what heaven looked like when I was a kid. Toys galore, from Zoids to the latest Joes.

Alf. Another sitcom that just didn’t made it to the finish line. I remember all my Saturdays had this.

The Comic Strip. Remember the catchy tune? C-o-m-i-c… S-t-r-i-p! C’mon take a trip on the Comic Strip! This was an animated series that featured Tiger Sharks, The Mini-Monsters, Street Frogs and Karate Kat, each with their own distinctive toon flavor and hit intros. This ran for only a year though, so I guess most of the time I had been watching reruns.

WWF Superstars of Wrestling. My mom never liked me watching “violent” stuff so I’d use to sneak to the TV in the middle of the night just to watch the circus pageantry of sports entertainment. I always got caught.

So there you have it. My top ten list for the year (what?). Ha ha, I guess now is a better time than any.

I'm sure you haven't noticed but have been extra diligent with my blogging these past coupl’a days (uh huh). See, I was trying to breathe some life back into my personal web space, like a garden chockfull of weeds need some cleaning once in a while (thanks but no thanks to the Google system, though, for trying to lock me out of my own site!).

Of course, the sudden burst of activity is my own small way of celebrating the approach of my 3rd year Blogging anniversary. Wee! It’s been that long already.

Wow.

But I guess preordained or not, writing still takes that piece of extra effort to pull off, which makes it just as special as any other special thingy should be… because of that, uhm, yeah, that extra effort. Kudos, ha ha ha, kudos to me then. =)

1

Blogger Lynx said...

Yes, I remember comic strip and Uncle Bob's Lucky Seven Club, and like yer mom, I don't like wrestling.

Your post reminds me all the cartoon junk I've had in the 80s:

1. Bionic Six
2. Pole Position
3. Gem
4. Visionaries
5. Shera & Heman
6. Garfield w/ Orson's Farm
7. Transformers
8. Name that Tune
9. The Cosby Show
10. My Little Pony and Friends

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home