Monday, September 17, 2007

Seeing through the myst

Does it come with age? I’m entering into my late 20s. I’ve been working for close to three years. And I haven’t played a decent, updated PC game in all that period. Well, I tried when HOMM5 came out, but my PC can’t handle it. I don’t have a DOTA copy. Nor did I play Ragnarok beyond its nationwide trial period. I suck at new releases.

So tell me, does this mean your PC skills diminish with time?

Anyway, just in case you’re wondering, I have ventured into the world of MYST for the first time. I guess being late has its perks too. Developers have launched Myst in an improved platform, marketing it as RealMyst. I find this game a unique departure (and a welcome release) from current gaming fare. There’s no time pressure, no sex and violence, and no score-keeping to worry about. RealMyst is a story-driven puzzle environment that spans across four instalments (I’m not sure though, better check with wiki).

I suggest you try it without the walkthrough.

It’s novel! It’s boring! It's fun! (Well, on a geeky sort of way.)