Friday, September 28, 2007

Countdown! 55... 56... 57...

I’m rushing this post and putting it out to dry as soon as I could. It’s almost midnight, and I’m hoping I would be able to squeeze in a post before it officially becomes my 3rd Blogging Anniversary.

I just got off from biyahe, driving home in this wet Friday night after a two-day meeting in Tagaytay. I could’ve headed home sooner, but during this last weekday when yuppies start filling up bars and children jet into weekend madness, circumstance decreed that my plate end with zero, thus confining me to the outskirts of Manila until way after dark. And to think that I’d have to crawl through the traffic hellhole called SLEX eskinita, things weren’t really shaping up too well for me.

The only nice thing about SLEX is its multitude of mega-gas stations and their wi-fi facilities. I was thinking of doing this post remotely, as a celebratory gesture towards stealing to third base, (and the first I could have ever posted by this method). But I guess the itch of going home asap was too bad not to scratch.

Did I mention I had a couple of SML before I started travel? It couldn’t be helped though. Good thing I’m still in one piece. Now I know what it meant when that guy in the SMB commercial had to get his wallet all the way from Dasma… Cavite. My biyahe took pretty much the same breadth.

Hmm, I wonder what I‘ll be posting tomorrow. Do you think a look back over the past three years be a good idea? How about if I project what I think my life would be three years from now? Or I could also do it quick and easy, an apparent stab at sarcastic humor, when an obviously dry post mutes the celebration while actually drawing all attention to it.

It’s tough to decide. I guess I’ll just cross the bridge again once I get there. For the meantime, hold that thought.